FIESTA 2019: A Shining Success
The stars were certainly shining at one of the largest FIESTAs in Mercy’s history, last Saturday, February 16th. More than $400,000 was raised, one of the highest totals in recent years, and more than 490 people attended. Thanks to everyone who supported this event.
- Nicole Hahn Jesse ’80 and John Jesse received the Cor Misericordiae Award.
- Ann Bendon Wieberg ’57 was named the 2019 Distinguished Woman of Mercy Alumna, an award given by the Mercy High School Alumnae Council
- An inspiring speech by Student Council President Mayela Hernandez ’19 who thanked donors for their support to help Mercy students live the ‘American Dream.’
- A Fill the Monarch segment, where attendees raised their paddles in honor of President Sr. Delores Hannon, RSM and her 50th jubilee. The Heider Family Foundation awarded a $50,000 matching grant to jumpstart the effort. More than $130,000 was raised.
- A unique, heart-warming video highlighting Sr. Delores’s 50th jubilee as a Sister of Mercy.
- Current parent Lois Nigrin won the Golden Ticket. The $10,000 raffle winners were also current parents.
- Special thanks to FIESTA 2019 Chairs and Mercy parents Lynn and Brad Muse. They were assisted by hundreds of volunteers who made the evening shine.
- Our gratitude to the hundreds of businesses and individuals who provided sponsorship, underwriting support, and purchased advertising in the event’s catalog.
- A special FIESTA photo album is available here.
We realize there were some valet and parking issues. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you at next year's FIESTA.