Spend a Day at Mercy
Students interested in attending Mercy are encouraged to shadow for a day during their 7th or 8th grade year. Shadowing for a day helps student determine if Mercy is a good fit, and also allows visitors to meet students, faculty and staff. They also attend classes and learn more about Mercy traditions, athletics and extracurricular activities. To sign up, simply fill out the form below.
Important Information for Shadow Days
- Shadow visitors will be required to wear a mask.
- School begins most days at 7:40 a.m., so you should plan to arrive at the school office at 7:30 a.m.
- Please dress nicely because our students are in uniform (NO jeans or athletic wear).
- Bring a lunch or receive a lunch from catering on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Bring a book or notebook in case you have downtime in class.
- Leave your cell phone at home or turn it off. Cell phones cannot be used during the school day.
- School ends at 3:00 p.m.
Students are welcome to shadow a Mercy student that they already know, or we will pair students who share common interests in classes and extracurricular activities. Each Mercy student is only allowed to have one shadow visitor per day.
"Shadowing is so important because you never know what a school is like until you spend the day there like a real high school student. I shadowed at many schools but when I stepped into Mercy my 8th grade year, I knew it was my home for the next four years. All of the teachers and girls were so nice and were constantly asking me questions, and even let me participate in class. I am so thankful that I shadowed at a few schools so that I could make the right choice for me!" - Bella '21
"When I shadowed at Mercy, I immediately recognized the confidence that the students possessed, and I was drawn to that. Now as a senior, I have the same confidence, both in my knowledge and myself." - Sam '21
"The first time I shadowed at Mercy, I felt so at home and I loved it. All of the girls were so welcoming and friendly. It showed me what it really meant to be a Mercy Girl." - Sabrina '20
**If a particular date is not listed below, that date is either already full with the maximum number of shadow visitors or is not available. Please do not submit a form without a date. Thank you!