Two New Hires for the Advancement Team
Sammie Emsick Becker ’05 has accepted the Director of Events position at Mercy High School and began her new role on June 13, 2022.
Since graduating from Mercy, Sammie earned a bachelor in elementary education, a certificate in Catholic School leadership, and most recently, a Master of Science in educational leadership. Outside classroom teaching, she has served as the athletic director for St. James for the past three years where, in conjunction with supervising all things athletics, annually planned the “Spring Fling” fundraiser where dollars raised went straight to the athletic program. Her most recent “Spring Fling” event set a record for money raised for St. James. She further has event planning experience by way of her time at Dundee Bank, where she was the community involvement coordinator and worked closely with various Omaha businesses to promote and grow relationships with key stakeholders of the bank via special events.
She’s married to Tyler Becker and has two boys Ty (12) and Drew (10).
Welcome back to Mercy Sammie!
Brian Altenhofen began his new position as Director of Marketing and Communications on July 5th.
He comes to Mercy with a wealth of knowledge having earned a doctorate degree in communication and technology studies from Texas A&M University and teaching at Truman State University for the past five years. He also served as the Director of the Truman Leadership Scholars, mentoring and programming leadership experiences for Truman Scholars. Prior to his academic career he spent five years as a Jesuit Scholastic.
He is married to Michaela Cullan Altenhofen who will return to Mary Our Queen Catholic School teaching 3rd grade. They have four children Dylan (16), Lily (9), Dominic (7), and Clara (3).
Highest Score at District Music
Congratulations to the Mercy High Singers for their award-winning performance at District Music! The Mercy High Singers Treble Choir received a 1+, the highest possible score, for their performance. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-pxmq6CXpNaE7ZmXaJIE0E9-JtfuNvbu .
The following students received a Division I ranking:
• Vocal Ensemble (led by Hanna Stec and Megan Oswald) - Megan Oswald, Katie Hawkins, Abby Rinkol, Emily Rimington, Erin Hardy, Hanna Stec, Ellen Veys
• Solo- Anna Buck
• Solo -Megan Oswald
• Solo-Victoria Nimneh
• Solo- Katie Hawkins
• Solo- Emily Rimington
• Solo-Hanna Stec
• Solo-Jordan Schaffer
• Piano Solo- Claire Schweikert
• Flute Solo- Katie Geist
• These students received a Division II ranking:
• Vocal Ensemble (led by Audra Pflug, and Jordan Winquest) - Anna Buck Rachel Poteat, Audra Pflug, Jordan Winquest, Lauren Jackson, Kate O’Brien, Jo Charbonneau, Sena Djidjoho
• Vocal Ensemble (led by Jordan Schaffer and Allie Marasco) - Jordan Schaffer, Jasmine Franklin, Allie Marasco, Meghann Plumb, Claire Schweikert, Victoria Nimneh, Katie Smith, Alice Long
• Solo- Erin Hardy
• Solo- Rachel Poteat
• Solo-Jordan Winquest
• Solo-Jasmine Franklin
• Duet- Lauren Jackson and Audra Pflug
• Piano solo-Emily Rimington