Mercy has embraced technology and all of our students use iPads. Technology is also being used to communicate and support families. We also are using this website to provide families access to key information about your daughters and the school.
Parents Web: Provides access to grades, resources, forms and much more.
Current Families: Announcements, background information, key events and contacts, quick links to helpful information and more.
Outlined below are some simple steps to help your daughter with technology. If you have questions, contact Paul Tschudin, Director of Technology.
Getting Tech Help
Reference the bottom of this page first to see if someone else has had your question and if there was a solution that worked for them. If that solution doesn't work for you, email me and we will figure it out together! Check back on this page anytime you have a new issue as I will be updating it routinely.
Do your best to work through issues, but PLEASE email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if none of the resources on this page fix your issue. Here are a couple generic fixes for you to try:
- Restart your iPad
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app in question
- Sign out and sign back in
- Turn off your Wi-Fi and turn it back on
- Move closer to your Wi-Fi router or just to a different part of your house.
- Ask a friend or your teacher to see if they know a solution
- Google the issue and see if the internet has a solution
- Make sure you are signed in with your Mercy account, not a personal account.
Here is the link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12nfcInhSCzQm4vseULFrcExSXbOOTXia/view?usp=sharing
What to do if your student Canvas app doesn’t load a document:
- Reset Canvas Student Cache
- Close out of the canvas app
- Go to your settings app on your iPad.
- Click on “canvas student”
- Turn on “reset cache on next launch”
- Close out of settings
- Open up canvas again and try to get to the file
- Uninstall and reinstall the Canvas student app
- Uninstall the Canvas student app, restart your device, and reinstall the Canvas student app
- If all fails, have the student go to mercyhigh.instructure.com and login to get their assignment through the web browser. Then have her email Tschudin at email@example.com
- Restart the device. The try accessing zoom again to see if this fixes the issue.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Zoom student app. The try accessing zoom again to see if this fixes the issue.
- Uninstall the Zoom app, restart your device, and reinstall the Zoom app. The try accessing zoom again to see if this fixes the issue.
If none of these remedies work, contact Mr. Tschudin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the video workflow for you as a student, to submit your video via "media recordings" in the Canvas student app:
As a back up for videos, if your teacher has also set "website url" as a submission type, you can upload your video as a youtube or google drive link. Here is a video that walks you through how to upload to google drive and change the video link sharing settings so your teacher can view it:
If a video isn't uploading through the Canvas student app or youtube/google drive link, you can try uploading it through the Canvas web version.
- Open up safari and go to mercyhigh.instructure.com
- Log into Canvas with your Mercy Google account
- Navigate to your class and assignment
- Upload your video submission.
If this doesn't work, email Mr. Tschudin at email@example.com
If you have created a zoom account, watch this video:
If you have not created a zoom account, followed these instructions:<
- Open up Zoom
- Click “join a meeting”
- Input the meeting id:
- Meeting ID: 475 279 2439
- Under the meeting ID you should see your name. Make this exactly what you want your name to be.
- Should look something like: Doe, Jane
- Click join
- Input the passcode
- Passcode: 9N4Hpn
- This will take you to a waiting room. You can leave the waiting room. Now next time you join a teacher's zoom class, your zoom name should be correct.
If you have any issues, you need to email Mr. Tschudin at firstname.lastname@example.org.