One of the major tenets of a Mercy education is service. In fact, over 8,000 hours of service in and around Omaha is amassed annually by Mercy High students. The Mercy Alumnae Council would like to extend a service opportunity to the greater Mercy Alumnae community through their partnership with Restoring Dignity, an Omaha non-profit that was started by a Mercy High alumna, Hannah Vlach-Wyble ‘05.
Click HERE to learn more about the organization.
At the heart of Restoring Dignity is their belief that something can and should be done to meet the needs of Omaha’s refugee community through empowerment, education, and advocacy partnership.
They are currently in need of:
- Twin XL mattress covers, sheets and comforters to fit 25 twin XL beds
- New or gently used pots and pans
- Towel sets (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel and 1 washcloth)
The Mercy High School Alumnae Council welcomes you to support this organization through the month of May by purchasing and donating items via the following ways:
- Making a donation directly to Restoring Dignity through their Amazon wish list. View the organization’s wish list by clicking HERE. (Make sure you note it is from a Mercy alumna!)
- Dropping your items off at Mercy High School during normal business hours.
- Calling or texting 402-630-3365 to have your local donations picked up.
- Making a monetary donation on the Restoring Dignity website. (Again, make sure you note it is from a Mercy alum!)
As Catherine McAuley, the founder of the Sisters of Mercy stated, “A community in which this universal charity reigns, is capable of surmounting all difficulties.” As the President of the Mercy High School Alumnae Council, I invite you to heed the aforementioned words of Mother McAuley and support this amazing organization through the efforts of this partnership.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Kelly Nystrom ‘86
Mercy Alumnae Council President