» Academic Advantage »
The curriculum offered at Mercy High School is second to none as evidenced through:
- The long history of National Merit Scholars.
- ACT and SAT scores surpassing State and National Scores.
- The high percentage of Mercy graduates completing their undergraduate degrees, as well as the high number who pursue advanced degrees.
- National and State recognition received by students in academic areas and in the fine arts.
- Wireless computer access in every classroom.
- The number of students earning credits through Advanced Placement courses and/or through the passing of CLEP exams on site each spring.
- Online courses with other Mercy High schools around the country.
- Library equipped with computers, offering university and public library access.
- Student server for off-campus access to student files.
- Interactive website, EdLine, which allows students and parents access to grades and assignments at any time.
- Students being “placed” in the level of class best suited to challenge them, based on the professional and personal knowledge of their academic advisors.
- Students graduating with a high degree of competence and confidence, reportedly facing the challenges of collegiate work better than their peers.
“Mercy High School is accredited by the State of Nebraska Department of Education, the AdvancED Association (formerly known as the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges) and is a member of the National Catholic Education Association, and the Mercy Education Network.”
Mercy High School students can earn college credit by taking Dual Enrollment courses with the following universities:
University of Nebraska-Omaha
- 3 credit hours in PE3040 for completing Sports Medicine II
College of St. Mary
- 3 credit hours in Theology for completing Women in the Church
Midland Lutheran College
- 6 credit hours in History 201 & History 204 for completing AP US History
- 8 credit hours in Chemistry 103 & Chemistry 104 for completing AP Chemistry
- 5 credit hours in Math 220 for completing AP Calculus.
- 3 credit hours in College French II (1st Semester) for completing French III
- 3 credit hours in College French II (2nd Semester) for completing French IV
Please view our current curriculum guide to see all of the courses we offer at Mercy High School.